Role: Quality Manager – Highways
Salary: £excellent + car allowance
Location: Perth, Scotland
Do you want to work on managing and maintaining the essential trunk roads in the North East of Scotland, providing safe and reliable passage for all road users?
2fawcett Construction & Infrastructure are partnering with a major Tier 1 contractor who have have been awarded the framework to manage and maintain the Highways in the North East of Scotland on behalf of Transport Scotland. They will work closely with Transport Scotland to deliver improved levels of service to the network, aiming to ensure consistent, predictable and reliable journeys for road users. The contract will deliver maintenance, road safety, bridges and structures and discrete improvement schemes whilst taking into account the Scottish Government’s climate change and sustainability targets.
As the Quality Manager, who will be responsible for the effectiveness of all elements of the Management System (including the Quality Plan) for this new contract. This role would suit a candidate with a Network Management or technical administrative background within Term Maintenance Highways Contracts.
This is a remote working role with requirement to be on-site across the North-East of Scotland as needed. It is anticipated that this will be 3 days office/site and 2 days per week from home.
- Ensure accreditation of the Contract Management System within the first year of contract delivery in accordance with the standard specified in the Contract.
- Ensure correction of Non-Conformances, prevent the continuance of Non-Conformances and investigate the root causes of Non-Conformances.
- Act upon reports on the performance and initiate all necessary actions, including procedural changes, required to prevent the recurrence of any Non-Conformances.
- Integrate corrective and other actions into the Management System including the Quality Plan and into the documented control management and working procedures, including method statements.
- Plan and undertake of internal audits.
- Attend meetings with and report on the effectiveness of the Management System.
- Report on the effectiveness of the Management System through monthly and annual reports.
- Day to day responsibility for all matters related to the Management System.
- Be the point of contact for all day-to-day issues related to the Management System.
- Responsible for ensuring the continual provision of systems to support the contracts’ Quality performance
- To develop the application and monitoring the effectiveness of the Quality Plan and for implementing the audit processes that identify continual improvement opportunities
- To manage a team that monitor and develop a culture of engagement in the reporting mechanisms that lead to a team approach in continually improving the quality of the commission
- To be main point of contact between Highways HSEQ team and Contract teams for all Quality related issues
We are looking for:
- Degree in an engineering or science discipline or hold an appropriate professional qualification, including Chartered Engineer, Corporate Member, or Chartered Member of the Institute of Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrable experience of working on a trunk road maintenance contract or having successfully fulfilled a role of a similar nature.
- Experience relative to the construction or highways industry
- Experience and understanding of quality management, audit and assurance
- Knowledge of performance reporting systems
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Email)
- Experienced in data collection, performance monitoring, performance improvement techniques, process improvement and continual improvement activities
- Able to work under own initiative and drive performance improvements through a systematic approach
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislative requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, EN ISO 14001, EN ISO 45001
If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why the company has worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Company car
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org