Role: Planning Manager
Salary: Up to £75,000 DOE + car/car allowance, bonus, pension
Location: National (Hybrid/flexible working pattern available)
2Fawcett – Infrastructure & Construction have an excellent opportunity for a Planning Manager to join our client, a principal contractor with impressive projects and long term frameworks in place. This is in an exciting opportunity to join a recognised business who are experiencing significant growth and looking to bolster their established Planning team.
Reporting into to the Business Unit Director and acting as the Planning Business Lead on all issues concerning planning, scheduling and possession management. You will be responsible for:
- Managing the Rail Planning function which consists of Project Planning, Possession, SWL and NROL.
- To develop, maintain a series of leading industry best practices and planning procedures which supports the Rail business units’ rapid growth.
- Support wider businesses service groups which include Digital Systems, CDE / Programme Management along with Business Controls
- Provide leadership, support, and training, and contribute to career development of the planning team and graduate training programme
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of a business strategy that identifies and embeds planning lessons learned. Establish and maintain a highly motivated programme planning team.
- Head up Monthly Rail business reports to executive team, control and update tendering pipeline program and business look ahead resource schedule
- Undertake regular team reviews with the wider planning function, reviewing people performance, systems, improvements
- Assess and review contractual schedules and compensation events to support the business in schedule related commercial aspects.
- Delays, corrective actions, and claims. Where entitlement requires to be demonstrated offering support to the planning and projects teams around training on Compensation Events, Extension of Time (EOT) because of delay/ disruption/ loss of efficiency.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports and P6 schedule reviews with the planning team.
- Assess and determine need for change to planning processes and methods and implement changes to deliver improved performance.
- Analyse, review and highlight critical time schedule issues and ensure viable resolution plans are in place. Identify and analyse performance across a programme of critical path projects.
- Undertake training sessions for Programme team(s) and assist Senior management with the interpretation of periodic time schedule/cost reports. Provision of on-going training for those in the business unit planning pool to manage capability assessment/development. Collation of best practice intelligence from both external and internal sources to be shared with central areas/business unit.
- Implementing formal training in the use of time-chainage and traditional planning techniques.
- Maintain work breakdown structure, project and activity coding and resource loading, monitoring the scheduling of project milestones and ensure any potential delays or risks are met with appropriate solutions. This will support the wider business initiatives and goals.
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- PTS AC/DC
- 802A: Primavera P6 Professional Advanced
- TILOS competent
- MSP (Microsoft Project)_
- Microsoft Packages – Visio / Excel / Word / Powerpoint etc.
- OLEC 1 /2
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Safe work planner / Safe Work Manager
- Experience of using PPS systems
- Valid Site management safety training scheme (SMSTS) certificate or similar
Your qualifications and experience should include:
Extensive experience / understanding of The Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- NEC 3 / 4 / NR Form of Contracts
- Collaborative Planning
- Good knowledge of Power BI
- Railway Operating Environment
- Knowledge and capability of working on OLE Projects within Primavera P6.
- An experienced user of the relevant Programme tools, techniques
- Understanding of all rail disciplines, possession management, interface management
You skills and expertise should include:
- ALO Coordinator and Possession Planning experience
- People Leadership
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making, Developing Self & Others, Influence & Persuasion, Innovation Leadership
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
- Results Focus
- Team working
- Policies & Procedures
- Statutory Legislation
- Budgets & Forecasting
- Equipment Knowledge
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com