Job Role: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum
Type: Full time / Permanent
Working hours: Monday – Friday (early Friday finish)
Occasional weekend work
2fawcett are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer based in Nottingham. This role will require a multi-skilled engineer preferably having worked in the Manufacturing industry. Your main responsibility will be planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance of equipment and responding to breakdowns in a timely manner. You will be challenged to reduce onsite downtime and looking at company improvements.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer
- To provide electrical and mechanical cover to all factory units.
- Maintaining production lines.
- Carry out general building maintenance while confirming to all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Manage and maintain all production machinery and associated ancillary plant.
- Efficiently manage planned maintenance and repairs as required.
- Carry out all duties in a safe working manner.
- Manage and monitor all breakdown reporting sheets as required.
- Prioritise all repairs as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate supplies of day to day maintenance stock are available.
- Manage efficiently all non-productive time for the purpose of maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure adequate cover is provided for breakdowns.
- Ensure self and staff comply with Company procedures and policies at all times.
- Take a pro active and participative role in the running of the Company by making recommendations for improving efficiency/fault finding/problem solving/reducing downtime.
- Co-operate with the Company in ensuring all Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed. Instruct staff Insafe methods of work and ensure compliance with general housekeeping and safe systems of work.
- Make efficient decisions regarding material and machinery issues.
- Communicate with shop floor workers and management team to ensure problems are resolved swiftly.
- Aide with the training needs of all employees and identify that full training is adequately met
Requirements of the Maintenance Engineer
- Previous experience as a Multi-Skilled Engineer is Essential
• Relevant qualifications (City and Guilds or above in Engineering Maintenance or similar)
• GCSE grade A-C in Maths and Science (or equivalent)
• Relevant technical knowledge
• Good electrical and mechanical maintenance skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
Working as the Maintenance Engineer
- 40 hour week
- Typical working hours are
- Monday – Thursday (7am – 4pm)
- Friday (7am – 1pm)
- However, with the nature of the role, flexibility to switch shifts may be required. If there planned maintenance in an evening after production has finished, change shifts to carry out the maintenance/break downs will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com