Job Role: Graduate Structural Engineer
Salary: £22,000 – £26,000 per annum
Type: Permanent // Full time
Overview of the Structural Engineer
2fawcett are recruiting for a Graduate Structural Engineer for a fantastic, innovate company based in Sheffield. This company uses mechanical knowledge to design bespoke projects for clients so the right candidate must have structural calculations knowledge. The successful candidates will have a Structural Engineering Degree ONLY or a Mechanical Engineering Degree with CLEAR EVIDENCE of Structural Calculations experience.
Please note that any applications without either/or these two specific degrees will not be considered.
Responsibilities of Structural Engineer
• Support the Project Management team in executing professional services for our clients on their projects throughout the project-lifecycle; including feasibility studies and concept design through to detailed design and site support during construction.
• Play a leading role in projects from concept to design
• Understand and be able to calculate engineering drawings
• Work with the design team
• Work alongside other relevant departments, Design/project/Procurement etc
• Liaise and coordinate with other departments
• Develop knowledge base and understanding of other departments as to how we operate as a Group.
• Attend customer, supplier and stakeholder interface meetings, as and when applicable.
• Assist with the overall management and delivery of projects.
• Take responsibility for certain projects or parts of projects
• Take a “hands on” approach to managing your work –developing your technical skills and experience
• Actively promote and achieve the very highest standards in health and safety through all stages of the project life-cycle.
• Conduct other assignments or tasks when require
Requirements of the Structural Engineer
• A degree in STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering with CLEAR EVIDENCE OF STRUCRTUAL CALULCATIONS experience will be considered
• Calculate structural calculations • Competent in the use of AutoCAD Software
• Sound ability in maths and English, • Ability to work to deadlines, • Good interpersonal skills • Willingness to work with and support others in a team, • Excellent attention to detail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org