Role: Commercial Finance Analyst
Benefits: Hybrid working, enhanced holidays, enhanced pension, wellness and healthcare schemes
Location: Denham, Uxbridge
2fawcett are recruiting for a commercial finance analyst to work for a luxury brand based in Uxbridge.
Working for this recognised brand you will joining a well-established business with exciting growth plans for 2023.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst, you will provide financial, commercial, and strategic support from a product and marketing perspective with the objective of providing valuable insights that drive commercial results.
With enviable benefits and brand reputation we are confident this role will not be available for too long so do not hesitate to submit your application.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Commercial Finance Analyst
- Support business partners to produce the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts including commentary
- Lead revenue / margin / contribution reporting and explanation of performance against budget, prior performance and market conditions
- Highlight future risks and opportunities by reforecasting the in-year expected results
- Provide commentary to be included in the monthly business performance review and report to the Board of Directors
- Collaborate with group finance to assist with management reporting, group KPIs & auditor queries
- Be the direct point of contact for the Global Commercial Director to provide cost/benefit analysis of internal & external initiatives
- Be the point of contact for commercial team to provide analysis of territorial performance, discount control & customer contribution
- Understand the drivers of current performance using data via business intelligence tool QlikView
- Use internal and external information to extrapolate future performance based on scenario planning
- Work with business partners to turn analysis into value added insight
- Provide visibility and control of marketing costs by each subdivision of marketing; budgeting & reforecasting when required as well as supporting with any ad hoc queries
- Work with Group Marketing & Digital Director to plan future marketing spend
- Maintaining the costings
- Calculate monthly and quarterly commissions for Business Development Executives and Sales Representatives (providing them with commission statements)
- Calculation of 3rd party royalties and rebates
Requirements of the Commercial Finance Analyst
- High attention to detail with the ability to self-review and error-check work to ensure accuracy
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Able to report finance information to non-finance colleagues
- Effective organisation and planning skills; able to plan and monitor own workload to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrable experience in management accounting
- Commercially astute Finance professional with a pro-active outlook
- Previous experience in a finance business partner role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Experience with a BI tool i.e., QlikView (desirable)
- Hours of work: 9am-5:30pm
- Hybrid position with 2-3 days in the office. Some flexibility during busier periods.
- Up to 5% discretionary (paid annually) – they have now missed the cut off for the current financial year but will be eligible moving forward
- Minimum of 25 days holidays plus 9 bank holidays (2022) + birthday off
- Pension Scheme – company will contribute up to 4% (employee has option to contribute up to 20%). Additional benefits with the pension scheme: life assurance at a rate of four times your basic salary & group income protection insurance scheme for a benefit of 50% of your salary for a 5-year limited payment
- Discount on products
- Access to the benefits hub which offers tips and advice on wellbeing (physical, financial, mental) as well as discounts on a range of high street retailers, entertainment groceries, travel websites etc.
- Long term service awards
- Mental Health Advocates around the business
- We Care (24/7 online GP, get fit programme, mental health support, financial and legal guidance)
- Lunch and learn – a series of sessions in the spring to enhance understanding of the broader group
- Brilliant Breakfast – a forum for employees to come together every other month to discuss relevant and hot topics, share insights and support initiatives
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org