Role: Toolmaker / Toolroom Engineer
Salary: up to £42,000 per annum
Overview of the Tool Maker
2fawcett are recruiting for an experienced Tool Maker / Tool room technician. This is a great opportunity looking for an experienced toolmaker who wants to further their career. This role will be working in the state of Art workshop with new equipment. You will be working in a clean, organised environment with noise counselling devices.
The working hours are Monday – Thursday with the occasional Friday mornings. Shift patterns are either days or afternoons however flexibility can be offered to the right candidate. This is an ideal role as you will always have a long weekend.
Responsibilities of the Tool Maker
- To read engineering drawings to produce parts required using Lathes & drills, milling machines, grinding machines
- To conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet the specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Inspect finished dies and calibrators for correct fittings, surface finish, contour conformity, and defects.
- Set up and operate conventional, CNC or NC machine tools such as lathes, machines, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to given tolerances and specifications.
- Be able to measure finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as callipers, gauge blocks, micrometres, and dial indicators.
- Ensuring that company and legislated Health and Safety procedures are adhered too
Requirements of the Tool maker
- Ideally tool maker apprenticeship or equivalent
- 3 + years as a tool maker / toom room technician
- Be confident using tool room equipment.
- Great communication skills
- Motivation & dedication to your career
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £42,000.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org