Role: Technical Design Engineer
Salary: up to £38,000 per annum
Monday – Friday
Overview of the Technical Design Engineer
2fawcett are recruiting for a Design Support Engineer based in Chesterfield. This is an exciting role to join a fantastic team with a great record for staff retention. You will be working as part of a dynamic team to act as the Teams Design co-ordinator.
You will be a mix between office & site so a UK driving licence is essential for this role. Whilst visiting sites, taking site surveys and audits of Gas equipment. On the other side of the role, when you are in the office, you will be reviewing and producing planned drawings.
Our client uses 3D revit, this would be desirable but we can be flexible for the right candidate as training will be provided. But a solid understanding of CAD software is required.
Responsibilities of the Technical Design Engineer
- Deliver against company set goals.
- Conduct site survey’s of medical gas pipeline systems (MGPS) and equipment.
- Provide compliance or risk audits with the existing MGP.
- Update and add asset information to the cloud asset management platform MyMedGas.
- HTM02-01 Proposal design drawings (pre-install).
- BIM Coordination (piped medical gases).
- Produce commercial offers for drawing and design service works.
- Produce MGPS design, flow rate and pressure drop reviews to determine existing system capacity.
- Mark up or produce drawings to include:
- As-fitted plans, as-fitted isometrics, as-fitted schematics
- Valve Identification labelling (up to source equipment main valve). Ongoing drawing updates (contract).
- Flexible and adaptive approach to our changing business landscape.
Requirements of the Technical Design Engineer
- Mechanical / Electrical Qualification (HND, HNC, Diploma, Degree etc)
- CAD experience
- BIM software
- REVIT is desirable
- Reading & producing layout experience is essential
- Driving licence
- Occasional over night stays (paid for)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid leave
- Health insurance
- Competitive salary
- Extra development opportunities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com