Role: SHEQ Manager
Salary: £38,000 – £45,000 per annum
Type: Permanent & Full time
Overview of the SHEQ Manager
2fawcett are recruiting for a SHEQ Manager based in the Barnsley area for a forward-thinking, expanding Engineering Company.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) manager to play a vital role within this award – winning engineering organisation. Using your experience in a similar role, you will lead all SHEQ related activities and also be fundamental in helping improve processes and standards across the company.
You will also be responsible for managing the inspection function and to oversee
quality control inspections on incoming goods; in process and final inspection
operations for jobs running through the factory to ensure high standards are kept.
This really is an interesting, challenging and rewarding permanent job opportunity for a Quality Manager, Health & Safety Manager, SHEQ Manager or similar skilled professional to join a fantastic team.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong engineering background, with Welding/machining knowledge. Ideally a Mechanical engineering degree (or similar).
Responsibilities of the SHEQ Manager
- Total responsibility for the maintaining the BS:EN ISO 9001:2015 quality system within the company and also for identifying continuous improvements across the business and facilitating/implementing progress with colleagues,
- Managing two quality inspectors & the Health & safety Officer,
- Direct responsibility for the laboratory and metallurgical function within the business including the metallurgical R&D and quality inspection,
- Ensuring health and safety, environmental and quality standards are met onsite,
- Conduct SHEQ audits, inspections, and investigations, and provide guidance and support to management and staff to address identified issues,
- Develop and deliver SHEQ training programs to employees and contractors,
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements and updating to ensure they reflect current working best practice and to develop risk management strategies,
- Ensure that incidents, accidents, and near-misses are reported, investigated, and properly documented, and implement corrective actions within allocated timeframe,
- Identifying & implementing improvements to working processes and training plans, Ensure that Customer complaints are responded to in a timely manner, as dictated by the QA system, in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Managing Director.
- Ensuring staff understand and operate to safety procedures and implement training where required,
- Manage third party inspection frequency or internal maintenance PPM & completion to ensure equipment is safe & employees are operating safely,
- Compiling SHEQ statistics for reports and management presentations,
- Monitoring environmental impacts both inside and outside of the company,
- Developing, reviewing and updating safety policies and procedures,
Requirements of the SHEQ Manager
- Mechanical Engineer / Welding / Machining background
- Strong Engineering knowledge
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
- Strong Health, safety & quality knowledge
- Experience Managing a team
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com