Role: Mechanical Contracts Manager
Location: Derbyshire (Belper)
Salary: up to £60k (DOE) + Company Car
2fawcett are recruiting for a Contracts Manager to join an Building services business in Derbyshire on a full time, permanent basis. Our client works in conjunction with high profile brands, supplying heating, plumbing, ventilation and air conditioning services throughout the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company who truly values their staff members. You will have room to progress and work as part of a fantastic team.
- Liaise with Client Teams to fulfil any 12 months routine maintenance, Seasonal commissioning or Soft-landing requirements / ongoing warranty or maintenance aspects during the initial 12-month defects liability period in order to obtain final retention monies.
- Attend Post-tender / Pre-contract review meetings with Clients & Main Contractors to discuss and agree contract scope along with both commercial and contractual matters.
- Post contract award carry out initial equipment checks alongside the design team in relation to boiler / ASHP / GSHP / hot water heater selections, CW Storage / Booster set selections, A/C selections, pump / expansion vessel selections etc and advise the design team of any concerns at the earliest opportunity to avoid any procurement / programming or financial implications later.
- Post contract award develop equipment procurement and buying schedules for allocated contracts, along with sending out enquiries to suppliers and subcontractors based on received contract documents for completeness and for better buying purposes.
- Place subcontract & material orders to satisfy the requirements of our contracts to satisfy technical, programme, cost and quality compliances.
- Monitoring of site labour and keeping a record of site activities, numbers of operatives / sub-contractors on site and cost checks against the tender estimates.
- Liaising with clients to implement the required site inductions/permits in a timely manner (In conjunction with our site foreman / supervisor – depending on contract size).
- Liaise with the Company Directors regarding any concerns on site with H&S, programme, or technical matters and attempt to mitigate where possible.
- General site liaison with Main Contractors and Client(s) / client agents in order to develop working programmes fully sequenced and coordinated to achieve build programmes with the aid of Microsoft Projects or similar.
- Hold meetings with Sub-contractors as required to ensure H&S, contract programme and equipment procurements are being maintained.
- Monitoring of all Mechanical & (Electrical where applicable) Health and Safety issues on site including the development of Risk Assessments, Method Statements & COSHH Assessments for issue to Main Contractors and Clients Agents
- Hand mark-up construction drawings to ‘As Fitted’ status and pass to CAD / Revit Dept prior to contract completion in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience
- Previous Experience in a similar role essential
- Mechanical and Electrical qualifications
- Contracts management
- Effective Communicator
- Flexible approach to working hours
What you get in return
Excellent Salary, Company Car, BUPA, Pension, Mobile Phone & Laptop
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£65,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org