Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: DOE with Bonus
2Fawcett are recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer based in Nottingham. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an expanding company. The role is 50% office based and 50% factory based. You will e improving the plant, ways of manufacturing and other exciting responsibilities. You will promote engineering excellence; improve productivity, quality, efficiency and staff development.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Collaborating with the engineering and production teams to ensure seamless roll out of parts and products into production. Focus on improving quality, delivery and cost including both internal manufacturing and suppliers where necessary;
- Reviewing new works orders and approving 3D machine models prior to release to production.
- Specifying, developing and delivering manufacturing processes, ensuring that safety, quality, production targets are met and efficiency is improved.
- Designing and implementing factory and cell layout using lean methodologies and 5S Standards;
- Providing lineside inventory presentation solutions based on volume requirements;
- Providing engineering support regarding setting up standard times, assembly sequencing and defining capacity;
- Identifying, designing and supplying required tooling and equipment solutions;
- Implementing Standard Operating Procedures where required;
- Managing and identifying opportunities to eliminate process bottlenecks and troubleshoot processes for their relevance;
- Generating and managing open issue list across production, quality and engineering, ensuring timely resolution and feedback to stake holders;
- Working closely with the production team to sustain, improve processes and controls in existing production lines – where required;
- Promote Engineering Excellence within the business, provide coaching and leadership.
- Training staff with best practices
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
- Other tasks as required.
Requirements of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Passionate about Engineering and Manufacturing.
- A self-starter with a desire to get things done and make a difference.
- Ability to lead and/or work in a team, but also responsible for working autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve, taking issues to their root cause and implementing effective action to address the cause not symptoms.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of proactive delivery to project deadlines.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement manufacturing methodologies.
- New product or process implementation experience.
- Knowledge of machine assembly, sheet metal fabrication, welding, mechanism assembly & thermal cutting processes.
- Experience working within and leading small teams and coaching individuals to achieve potential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, verbally and via written reports / presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience using Auto-cad and Solid works / Creo would be an advantage
- A minimum of HNC or equivalent in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com