Role: Maintenance supervisor (nights)
Salary: DOE (up to £40,000 per annum)
Type: Permanent & Nights
Overview of the Maintenance supervisor
2fawcett are recruiting for a Maintenance supervisor for nights for a recycling site based in Nottingham.
You will ensure that all plant, equipment and services are safely maintained in line with the company’s PPM system and to fulfil all statutory regulations. You will also supervise the maintenance department as to facilitate all reactive and planned preventative maintenance whilst providing technical support to any issue that may arise. Working in Nottingham, the successful candidate will be part of a team working under the supervision of a knowledgeable and supportive Maintenance Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor
- To Implement and ensure that planned preventative maintenance is carried out on time.
- Action any reported observations/concerns arising from a PPM activity.
- Assist the maintenance team by attending breakdowns as to quickly effect a repair and therefore maximise uptime when required.
- Adhere to all health, safety and environmental policies as well as statutory requirements.
- Suggest and implement plant improvements.
- Collate documentation to enable a traceable and auditable process.
- Take part in cross functional task teams to improve machine/process reliability.
- Attend any departmental audit being conducted by either internal or external personnel.
- Supervise internal and external personal and ensure that they work safely in line with their documented RAMS/SOPS.
- Attend daily toolbox talks as required to enable quick effective communications of any issues.
- Interact daily with the maintenance team, operations, office and yard staff to share knowledge of the plant operations whilst improving overall performance.
- Undertake reasonable tasks as allocated by the company in addition to those defined
- Effectively supervise, motivate and develop the maintenance team
- Review performance of individuals within the team
- Carry out disciplinary investigations as required
- Managing absence within the business in accordance with the company absence policy.
- Manage and resolve conflicts.
Requirements of the Maintenance Supervisor
- Mechanical aptitude
- Electrical aptitude
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Problem solving skills
- Planning and organising
- Co-ordination and control
- Time management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Coded welder
- Burning equipment
- Lifting and slinger
- Crane driving
- BTEC level 3 in engineering is desirable
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org