Elevate Your Buying Career!
Are you a Buyer with experience seasoned Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager Senior Buyer, or Project Manager seeking a new challenge? 2fawcett are supporting a premier Manufacturing company based on the outskirts of Sheffield and have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join their dynamic team.
Hours: 37.5 hour working week 4.5 days
With a global reputation for excellence and leading technology the team are passionate about delivering top-notch Electrical products. As a Buyer you will play a pivotal role in driving the supply chain, negotiating cost reductions by providing crucial support to the Purchasing Manager to ensure seamless production and supply.
- Procure goods, materials, components, and services in accordance with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Ensure a consistent supply of required goods and materials, addressing any supply issues that may pose a risk to business operations.
- Negotiate contracts, enhance prices, and improve terms of business with suppliers, exploring opportunities for cost savings using negotiation and procurement best practices.
- Research and assess areas for cost reduction.
- Evaluate suppliers and conduct performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and implement performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintain a professional and consistent approach to all supplier relationships.
- Cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders to comprehend future requirements as the business strives to enhance its product offering to meet customer needs.
- Contribute to the development of innovative procurement processes and implement KPIs for improving supplier performance.
- Maintain records and documentation within the department to ensure full traceability, resolve invoice queries, and assist with MRP when necessary.
- Collaborate, negotiate, and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies, and initiatives, advising on the impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Prior experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams.
- Experience in managing and negotiating with suppliers.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Effective negotiation, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize workload, and function as a team player.
Ideally CIPS qualified
- Minimum qualification in a relevant subject to HND or Degree level.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing and design environment.
- Ability to comprehend internal and external technical information.
- Experience with Customs Import procedures.
What you get in return
- Early finish on a Friday
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Generous pension plan
- Enhanced annual leave days (26 days annual leave, plus stats)
- Health care membership
- Development and career opportunities
- A social event calendar
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org