2Fawcett are seeking a dynamic Buyer to join our manufacturing team in Rotherham. As a Buyer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless flow of materials and supplies critical to the distribution and production processes. By sourcing, negotiating, and management of new and existing suppliers your experience will be fundamental to the optimisation of supply chain operations. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and making strategic procurement decisions this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Role and responsibilities of the Buyer
- Supplier management and demand forecasting
- Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions to secure the best value, quality, and lead times for materials and components.
- Reviewing supplier performance regularly including monitoring lead times to optimise product availability
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and resolve any performance or quality issues.
- Maintaining internal MRP systems
- Analysing stock levels and effectively communicating to sales and production teams
- Creating Purchase orders
Skills and experience of the Buyer
- Solution focussed
- Proficient in procurement principles, practices, and methodologies, with a strong understanding of supply chain management and sourcing strategies.
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers
- Strong analytical skills
- A meticulous approach to ensure accurate and thorough record-keeping, purchase order management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for liaising with internal teams, suppliers, and stakeholders
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com