Role: Assistant Accountant
Salary: £30,000 + Study Support
Your new employer: Established nearly 80 years ago, our client stands as a beacon of excellence in the manufacturing industry. Based in Nottingham, UK, their commitment to innovation has propelled them to become global leaders in providing cutting-edge solutions to clients across the globe.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial health of the organisation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Exemplary Month-End Procedures:
- Expertly orchestrate the preparation of precise month-end numbers and management reporting packs for our principal trading entities in the UK.
- Execute a spectrum of month-end tasks, ranging from aiding in monthly stock takes to ensuring meticulous revenue cut-off adjustments.
- Journal Expertise:
- Navigate the intricacies of journal postings, encompassing prepayments, accruals, and various adjustments.
- Vigilantly monitor overheads, delivering insightful analysis on monthly movements against budgetary benchmarks.
- Balance Sheet Proficiency:
- Spearhead monthly balance sheet reconciliations with precision, upholding stringent deadlines for seamless reporting.
- Report Preparation Mastery:
- Prepare reporting packs for meticulous review by the Financial Director.
- Engage in sophisticated high-level variance analysis, elucidating the narrative between actual and budgeted figures.
- Consolidation Leadership:
- Ensure the seamless preparation of group consolidated management accounts for submission into Oracle.
- Take the lead on monthly balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations.
- Financial Management Acumen:
- Oversee monthly payroll with exactitude, ensuring punctual HMRC payments.
- Skilfully prepare and submit monthly VAT returns.
- Nurture the Fixed Asset Register with meticulous attention.
- Reporting Excellence:
- Generate key sales and production reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, contributing significantly to our business performance.
- Collaborative Virtuosity:
- Cultivate collaborative relationships across departments, supporting the Finance Director in annual budget preparation.
- Liaise seamlessly with Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger teams, ensuring the smooth operation of financial processes.
- Collaborate effectively with external auditors, facilitating the processing of year-end schedules and analyses.
- Innovative Contribution:
- Contribute actively to ongoing process improvement initiatives, bringing innovation to enhance our business practices.
Qualification and Skills:
- AAT Qualified and/or actively studying towards CIMA / ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Strong attention to detail, organisational prowess, and a tenacious nature.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to thrive in a busy team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Oracle would offer an advantage.
- Problem-solving skills and the confidence to challenge and improve existing processes.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a company with a rich history and a global reputation for excellence.
- Work in a dynamic and innovative environment with opportunities for professional growth.
- Contribute to a team dedicated to designing and manufacturing industry-leading solutions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org