Role: Wind Turbine Technician/ Engineer
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum
Overview of the Wind Turbine Technician / Wind turbine Engineer
2fawcett are recruiting for an experienced Wind Turbine Engineer based in Harrogate. AS the Engineer you will be providing services and maintenance duties on wind turbines.
You will have an electrical or mechanical (both would be desirable) background and enjoy problem solving. Pneumatic and hydraulic experience would be beneficial also.
- Scheduled and unscheduled servicing, complete nacelle refurbishments, decommissioning and recommissioning of turbines,
- Mechanical failures requiring – laser alignment of the generator and gearbox, blade swaps, hub swaps & gearbox swaps, and various electrical faults and component failures.
- You will be professional, enthusiastic, results driven, tenacious and willing to go that extra mile to achieve exceptional customer service.
- You will also need to be resourceful, think on your feet and be able to make decisions using your initiative.
- It is expected that you complete all documentation and paperwork which is required with the function of an Experienced Wind Turbine Technician, these include (but not limited to); Timesheets, job sheets, service checklists, warranty checklists, field service reports and other task specific documents.
- You will be required to follow all the procedures in place to ensure yours and your colleague’s health and safety is paramount.
- Some travel and working away will be required in this role. You will work Monday to Friday and have the opportunity for overtime and weekend work.
- You will hold the relevant GWO certificates required to allow you to carry out working on wind turbines (Should your GWO certificates have expired you will be required to attend the following training; working at heights and rescue course and first aid for remote working on wind turbines).
- A specific training program will be followed with our external training partner. We offer task specific on the job training, to enable you to work autonomously and confidently.
- Further external training will be arranged according to the level of competence, existing training and qualifications you currently hold.
- Attitude goes a long way and a “can do” approach is required.
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay Schedule:
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Yearly bonus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com