Role: Trainee Accountant
Salary: Up to £25,000
Benefits: Insurance, enhanced pension and paid holiday scheme
2Fawcett are recruiting for a trainee accountant to work for a well-respected business in Derby.
The trainee accountant will be responsible for providing general accounting support for the wider finance function. Reporting directly into the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the transactional elements of accounting such as banking, sales ledger and purchase ledger.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Trainee Accountant
- Posting bank transactions and reconciling the bank in a timely manner,
- Credit control, including raising customer statements, debt chasing and resolving complex queries.
- Maintaining timely and accurate KPIS for sales ledger and banking function for the Finance Director
- Assisting resolving accounts payable queries.
- Raising Purchase requisitions for the accounting function.
- Reconciling rent, rates and utilities invoices and providing the management accountant with accurate accruals and prepayment information for them.
- Assist the Management Accountant with month end reporting as required, including control account reconciliations, journal posting etc
Requirements of the Trainee Accountant
- Formal qualifications or “qualified by experience” considered
- Experience working within a similar role would be advantageous
- The ideal candidate will be a confident user of MS Excel
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com