Role: Site Manager (Rail)
Salary – £dependant on experience
Location: Leicestershire – with travel to projects as required
2fawcett – Infrastructure & Construction have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Site Manager to join a leading supplier in sectors including Rail, Infrastructure and Engineering sectors.
The successful candidate will oversee installation including matters relating to the day to day running to ensure successful completion of Contracts in accordance with current legislation and best practice guidelines. Overall workforce supervision of our Site operations and labour.
- Support the bidding team with construction advice as and when required to assist in the preparation of tenders
- To accurately site measure/undertake site Survey duties of existing structures, relaying precise formatted information of measurements to Design/detailing department
- Visit site prior to commencement to, check site conditions, including access, working areas, datum levels and setting out profile lines etc
- To create and maintain RAMS and Site Audits in line with the Company Safety First initiative
- Carry out site Inductions, Team meetings and Toolbox talks as necessary
- To manage and monitor all aspects of site activity within the scope of the budget and planned programme, raising any Site or Contract concerns with the appropriate Manager
- Attend site to oversee sub-trades such as painters
- Provide support to Contract Managers in closing out site works, including supervising snagging visits and where necessary, carrying out actual snagging work with an appropriate team
- Maintain comprehensive Site records, files and photographic verification of works carried out
- Using a standard template daily complete the diary to report against plan, labour, issues, etc. as they occur
- Complete reports in a clear concise format to ensure sufficient details is included for the report to be referenced to support commercial conversation at a later date
- When necessary raise NCR’s with suggested costs
- Be responsible for managing site resources reviewing and signing off Site timesheets of employees and sub-contractors working with the Company
- Challenging costs when required to assist with the successful completion of project on budget
- Be responsible for providing information throughout the project to support the account, liaising with other departments
- Attend both Site and Management meetings when requested
- Provide training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance and team development.
This job description provides a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list of duties and responsibilities. You will be required to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, appropriate with the level of responsibilities of this post.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Range of skills and training relevant to steelwork including crane supervisor (minimum) SSSTS(Minimum), CSCS Card (gold), IPAF and PASMA
- Knowledge of construction health and safety
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of construction plant and equipment relevant to steelwork activity
- Attention to Detail and accuracy with the ability to quality check installed work
- Competent in problem solving, planning and decision making.
- Ability to understand in interpret technical drawings.
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Ability to prioritise resource to meet requirements.
- Good verbally, written and negotiating communication skills
- Excellent Organisational and follow-up skills
- Basic IT skills to use emails, word and spreadsheets.
- First Aid Certificate (not a necessity)
- Flexible working.
Working outside, physical working, using ladders, MEWPS, dexterity and manual handling required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org