Elevate Your Career in Purchasing Management!
Are you a seasoned Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager Senior Buyer, or Project Manager seeking a new challenge? 2fawcett are supporting a premier Manufacturing company based on the outskirts of Sheffield and have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join their dynamic team.
Position: Purchasing Manager
Hours: 37.5 hour working week 4.5 days
Salary: 45k – 50k
With a global reputation for excellence and leading technology the team are passionate about delivering top-notch Electrical products. As a Purchasing Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the supply chain, negotiating cost reductions, and ensuring the timely procurement of materials and sub-contractors.
- Streamline and manage the Purchasing Department’s workload effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Enhance purchasing policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Identify and source new suppliers, domestically and overseas.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Contract negotiation and Supplier management.
- Identify cost saving opportunities with suppliers without sacrificing quality or delivery performance
- Collaborate with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements using ERP/MRP systems.
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders, ensuring optimal stock levels.
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs, and delivery performance.
Ideal candidate will have
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Purchasing/Materials Management.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in MRP systems and highly computer literate.
- Proven experience in team leadership, process improvement, and efficiency enhancement.
- Strong analytical skills and performance management capability.
- CIPS accredited
- Ability to read engineering drawings
What you get in return
- Early finish on a Friday
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Generous pension plan
- Enhanced annual leave days (26 days annual leave, plus stats)
- Health care membership
- Development and career opportunities
- A social event calendar
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org