Role: Production Supervisor
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000
Type: Full Time, Permanent
2fawcett Recruitment are supporting a client in recruiting a production Supervisor on a full time Permanent Basis.
To provide key support to assist the QHSE Manager in managing the production process on a day-to-day basis. To meet business KPIs across Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Morale, embedding continuous improvement culture in the company.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Integrate into the production team and together with the supervisor and team leaders, running production on a day-to-day basis.
- Communicate with the sales team and the customer,
- Create a production plan to achieve maximum productivity.
- Monitor material stock and usage, and liaise with material suppliers to ensure materials are delivered to meet production deadlines.
- Monitor tooling stock and usage, to ensure sufficient tools stock to keep production running
- Implement TPM and improve the machine checks and ultimately reduce downtime
- Liaise with the machine supplier to purchase parts, and arrange engineer visit for machine repairs.
- Use Lean tools to establish the visibility of manufacturing performances including availability, productivity, and quality
- Analyse causes for underperforming; to plan and lead the implementation of improving actions.
- Assist The Health and Safety department in process implementation
- To assist managing the company’s Lean program, and drive continuous improvements to meet business KPIs.
- To support the development of work standardisation (i.e. SWI SMP) to reduce process variations as well as to be used for operational training.
- To monitor and support 5S program
- Staff Training and performance monitoring
- Experience in a leadership role
- Lean principles and techniques, capable of applying and implementing lean tools
- Ussage of Sigma tools and be able to analyse data
- Project management skills
- Capable of using problem solving tools (5 whys, Pareto)
- Presentation skills and report writing
- Essential training skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages with Essential IT knowledge
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org