Role: Mechanical Fitter
Type: Permanent / Days / No weekends
Overview of the Mechanical Fitter
2fawcett are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical fitter to join a fantastic company based in Nottingham. The ideal mechanical fitter will have previous fitting experience and be looking for a next step in their career. This is a permanent days position, Monday – Friday with early friday finish.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Fitter
- Work in conjunction with the Production Manager and Operations Manager to schedule, prioritise and plan the production fitting workload; and ensure this information is communicated clearly and monitored within the fitting team.
- Actively drive operations reviews, reporting on build progress and related issues.
- Effective communication within the fitting team, Production team, Operations team, and where necessary other departments within the business.
- Monitoring the fitting team’s performance against target build times and initiate action where required.
- Work within a team to build machines keeping to design plans and time targets.
- Focus on improving key production fitting KPI’s (including but not exclusive to):
- Improving Productivity
- Act as the first point of contact to resolve any technical issues raised from the fitting team, escalating as necessary.
- Work constructively with other Team Leaders (and all other personnel) in a positive and supportive way to ensure smooth and efficient running of business operations
- Support Lean Manufacturing and 5S activities and any other business/organisational development activities within the Fitting Bay area and other areas that may affect the operation of the Fitting Section.
- Work with Engineering staff to act as a constructive focal point for the development of products and processes including Supplier discussions as/if required.
Requirements of the Mechanical Fitter
- Previous mechanical fitting experience is essential
- Ideally NVQ/Apprenticeship/HNC Trained
Benefits of the Mechanical Fitter
- Competitive salary
- Yearly bonus
- Career Progression
- Working in a supportive environment to further careee
- Working as part of a great team
- Generous holiday allowance
- No weekend work
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org