Role: Mechanical Contracts Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Overview of the Mechanical Contracts Manager
2fawcett are recruiting for an Mechanical Contracts Manager to join a fantastic company based in Barnsley. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who has experience withing Estimation / Draughtsman / 2D & 3D that wants to progress their career. This role will be to ensure range of abrasion resistant products and services are costed effectively, efficiently, to governing quality standards and to specification. This role will include management responsibility for Internal sales & estimating function.
You will be responsible for: 2 engineering estimators, 1 sales admin support & planning draughtsman.
• Read Engineering drawings and produce 2D/3D drawings
• Be able to perform Draughtsman duties
• Be able to carry out Engineering Product Estimations
• Manage the technical specifications in our quotations.
• Manage the Company response for quotes to enquiries so the monthly manufacturing gross profit is in line with the Company target.
• Produce personally and manage the Company response for quotes to sales enquiries so the monthly manufacturing output is in line with the financial budget in a timely fashion.
• Maintain and document estimating standards in line with actual labour and material efficiencies to ensure manufacturing operations can meet the estimate.
• Develop acceptable standards of performance for the inside sales office by regularly updating the ISO processes & instructions to reflect current and best practice.
• Accurate and timely entry of customer purchase orders (order entry) hours from receipt and order acknowledgements so that customers are made aware of any potential delivery delays as soon as possible.
• Manage the training, monitoring, and mentoring of existing internal office personnel and participate in the recruitment of employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence,
• Communicate to colleagues concerning legal and other contractual obligations of customer’s purchase orders,
• Accurate and proactive communication with customers (to include requested or expected feedback) to include the timely review and interpretation of customer purchase orders,
• Manage administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
• Personally manage and drive continuous improvement practices within the
department so as to improve engineering standards year on year reflected in
improved monthly closed job performance.
• Ensure all operations are performed in a safe manner in line with current H&S &
• Prompt and concise communication with colleagues in order to deal with customer
complaints / concerns and assist in developing a swift and satisfactory customer
Key requirements of the Engineering Contracts Manager
• Degree or equivalent in Engineering
• Manufacturing Engineering Experience
• Desirable Fabrication type Engineering Background
• Estimation Experience is desirable
• Draughtsman experience is essential
• Desirable experience with engineering contracts
• Experience managing a variety of people
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org