Job Title: Material Planner
Location: Folkestone, Kent
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Circa. £32k + benefits
2fawcett is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our client based in Folkstone, Kent. As the Material Planner, you will be responsible for effectively managing a portfolio of suppliers to maintain the availability of stock and working to control and minimise costs within the supply chain.
- Responsible for the purchasing of spare parts for the maintenance department, ensuring the required availability is met in line with deadlines agreed with the suppliers.
- Analyses the requirements and calculates the optimal quantities to supply at the minimum cost.
- Manages and adjusts the replenishment criteria required to ensure the availability of stock. Assessing ‘Just in Time’ (criticality, threshold min/max/ safety management, packaging/ reorder points), to ensure that stock is maintained at an appropriate level.
- Participates in the establishment of framework agreements and management.
- Research suppliers for items without a source of supply.
- Liaising with and managing a portfolio of suppliers, with the objective of sustaining long-term availability and reliable lead times.
- To prepare and issue tender inquiries, compare quoted prices and lead times, and choose a supplier through negotiating the lowest overall cost.
- Execute orders, chase suppliers and handle any disputes.
- Evaluates the performance of suppliers based on established criteria and organise quality reviews with suppliers to establish corrective action plans if needed.
- Alerts the internal clients of the risks of stock-outs to integrate earlier planning and short-term average production.
- Provides management of records of non-compliance and drives resolution.
- To estimate, control, and report budgets to ensure they are adhered to.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working in an inventory, procurement, or logistical role.
- Qualification in inventory management procurement or logistics would be an advantage.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.)
- Previous experience working with purchasing and computer stock management systems (working with SAP is desirable).
- The ability to work in an English/French bi-national environment is essential.
- Being able to speak the French language would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com