Role: Management Accountant
Salary: Up to £40,000
Benefits: Enhanced pension, life assurance, Private Medical insurance, On-site parking
2fawcett are recruiting for a management accountant to work for a leading engineering consultants based in Ilkeston.
Working for this well-established business you will have the ability to join a small but dedicated team to ensure continued success of the business.
The role of a Management Accountant is to prepare, develop and analyse financial information to allow the Company to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth and to assist Management in improving value in all areas of the business by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing the most effective strategies.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Management Accountant
- From the financial statements present detailed monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries between budgets and forecasts.
- Review of weekly costs and estimates with the Commercial team.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Provide management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis.
- Ongoing review of cash flow and assistance with production of forecasts.
- Provide concise communication fairly and objectively to financial and non- financial management.
- Provide effective liaison between the Company’s Finance and Commercial Departments.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Administrate the Company’s Invoice Discounting facility including month end reconciliation.
- Preparation of Company audit file for annual external audit.
Requirements of the Management Accountant
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified or qualified by experience
- Previous Management Accountant experience
- Use of Sage Intacct, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power BI would be advantageous.
- Possess strong analytical skills
What you will get in return
- Mon – Fri 8.30 – 5.00 (some flexibility is offered)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com