Role: Maintenance Manager
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum (+yearly bonus)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm
Overview of the Maintenance Manager
2fawcett are recruiting for a Maintenance Manager based in Skegness. We are looking for someone who is a qualified multi-disciplined engineer with proven engineering management experience and has the ability to coach and train others on a structured approach to problem solving. The successful candidate will have the ability to look at the whole business, not just their individual departmental status and have a logical & data driven approach to problem solving and continuous improvement. The candidate will be a lateral thinker that can innovate and create alternative solutions to resolve long-term issues and have a proactive attitude to drive the department forward.
The successful candidate will shape and lead the maintenance engineers across all sites, focussed on delivering a proactive and preventative service beyond purely a reactive approach to engineering issues. They will ensure that the company’s equipment, infrastructure & buildings are maintained to the required company standard.
- Fully responsibility for all Maintenance Engineering activities across all plants, through site-based engineers & Engineering Supervisor.
- Drive ownership within each engineer for Health & Safety, Quality and real root cause problem solving.
- Champion the use of the Holistic software package to capture data, drive work order creation and accurate reporting thus enabling better decision making and the completion of proactive repairs.
- Monitor operational equipment downtime & associated repair costs. Consider & introduce equipment modifications or replacement should either measure become excessive.
- Champion the use of proactive / preventative maintenance to prolong equipment life and reduce reactive maintenance works.
- Ensure the necessary external service contracts are in place to ensure compliance with recognised standards and legal requirements.
- Assist in the budgetary creation process annually and monitor & control departmental spend throughout the year.
- Undertake a mentoring & coaching role to enhance the capabilities of their reports & sub-ordinates, focussing on delivering exceptional people to support the wider CI & Lean initiatives.
- Contribute to capital spend process demonstrating requirements through data / predicted benefits.
- Support Engineers & Engineering Supervisor and encourage their personal growth through regular one to one’s / appraisal meetings.
- Ensure the necessary human resources are available at each plant to keep operational downtime to a minimum.
- Support & drive the transition to a data driven preventative approach and real root cause / problem resolution.
Key experience essential for the role:
- Candidates must have a Full Driving Licence.
- Candidates must be HND / HNC qualified within a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- PC skills including cad, modelling software, excel, PowerPoint & word.
- Proven Engineering Management experience
- Extra training and progression for the right candidate will be offered.
Maintenance Manager role – Employment Details
- £45,000 – £50,000pa (may vary depending on skills and experience)
- Full-time, permanent employment, working Monday to Friday
- Occasional travel required including overseas
- 30 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days for loyalty service
- Company Sick Pay scheme
- Based at Skegness or Louth site, subject to the individual home location.
- A generous yearly bonus paid every January, to all staff
- This role will sit outside of the main company Management team structure.
Why Work as a the Maintenance Manager?
- There are many reasons to join the family, but here are just a few more:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Company pension contributions of 5% of salary.
- Various schemes to support employees with their mental health and wellbeing.
- Annual Family Fun Days, fully paid for by the business.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com