Role: Graduate Quantity Surveyor
2Fawcett – Infrastructure & Construction have an excellent opportunity for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join our client who is a specialist engineering consultancy, recognised experts in Rail, Marine, Oil & Gas, Utilities and Renewables
Working as part of the wider Commercial team, you will assist with commercial activities, implementing commercial best practice to maximise contractual entitlement. You will support on all commercial aspects of projects.
- Support with commercial reporting and analysis, including forecasting to identify resource requirements.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with clients to fully understand and implement commercial requirements.
- Maintain regular liaison with all key stakeholders on project progress, conducting regular reviews with the client and the teams.
- Participate in progress meetings and reviews in order to understand and monitor progress for all projects.
- Support tendering and bidding activity as required, providing financial and commercial feedback to the business development team.
- Implement commercial best-practice when pricing work to maximise value, minimise risk and cost to projects.
- Utilise the commercial management system to manage project set-up and monitor value, cost and progress for all projects.
- Ensure that the procurement and payment of suppliers and sub-contractors is captured for all projects.
- Ensure that applications, invoicing, change requests and any other commercial contractual requirements are accurately prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Manage work-bank change and compensation events, ensuring that contemporary records are kept by the team to support claims, extensions of time and the evaluation of variations.
- Improve the accuracy of forecasting, including cost-value reconciliation, WIP and cash-flow for all projects.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Recent graduate in Quantity Surveying or other commercially related discipline
- Experience with NEC Contracts
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Full UK Driving licence
- Strong commercial acumen
- Interest in Highways and/or Rail sectors
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com