Role: Finance Manager – Hybrid working minimum 3 days in the office
Salary: Up to £45,000
Benefits: Company pension, Employee discount, Free parking, Health & wellbeing sessions, On-site gym, Private medical & dental insurance.
Type: Permanent, full time
Are you ready to take your finance career to the next level? We’re searching for a dynamic and experienced Finance Manager to join our clients, leading the financial charge in the exciting world of retail and design.
Our client’s mission is clear: a small independent business, they take pride in curating expertly selected brands that share their passion for producing high-quality, innovative, and modern designs. Their commitment goes beyond transactions; it extends to delivering a personal, friendly service with every purchase.
Join our client on their incredible journey as they continue to grow and push the boundaries of development. Your financial expertise will play a pivotal role in their success story.
- Oversee month-end activities and report to Managing Director and Founder/CEO with monthly Management Accounts, aiming to reduce submission time by 50%.
- Provide comprehensive sales and forecast analysis, including variance by marketplace and territory, collaborating with the purchasing team.
- Manage working capital, prepare weekly/monthly cash flow forecasts, and supervise the Accounts Assistant.
- Control overheads, set budgets, and collaborate with other managers to understand spending requirements.
- Guide the Accounts Assistant in daily/weekly cashbook maintenance and reconciliation, including GlobalPay, Paypal, and Apple Pay accounts.
- Act as the escalation point for technical issues and collaborate on KPIs, cash flow forecasting, and analysis with the Managing Director.
- Handle VAT returns, payroll, and preparation of year-end accounts for auditing, ensuring tax and accounting compliance.
- Validate monthly stock valuations, coordinate stock counts with the warehouse manager, and review stock write-off strategy.
- Lead cost-saving initiatives in finance, manage banking relationships, and serve as the first contact for external accountants/auditors.
- Document and maintain financial processes and procedures, ensuring the team’s adherence and completeness.
- Utilize SAGE and Sprint systems efficiently to provide accurate and timely data.
- Support the Managing Director and CEO in identifying business challenges and opportunities, driving continuous improvements.
- Assist in ad hoc projects and routine tasks as requested by the Managing Director and Founder/CEO.
- Outstanding benefits
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- The chance to be a part of transformative projects
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com