Role: Engineering Manager
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
Type: Permanent & Full Time
Overview of the Engineering Manager
2fawcett are recruiting for an experienced Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient process design, installation, commissioning, maintenance and decommissioning of all processes, and utilities under the control of the Rough Close Works site of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding company.
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager
- Providing maintenance advice to other companies as requested.
- Carry out Performance Appraisals to direct reports.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient design, procurement, installation and, maintenance activities within the Rough Close Works site.
- Ensuring that all engineering operations are carried out in accordance with safe working systems.
- Implementation of the Major Accident Prevention Policy and the Process Safety Management Policy.
- Assistance in the identification and assessment of major accident hazards on the Rough Close Works site, as well as the identification and implementation of mitigating measures as appropriate.
- Management of the process safety management system on a day-to-day basis, including maintenance of the required procedures.
- Delivery of training including competence assessment to achieve the aims of the MAPP.
- Auditing the process safety management system in accordance with the schedule.
- Participate in the periodic review of the process safety management system.
- Responsible for management of PIRANA and the Planned, preventative and routine maintenance duties, including breakdowns.
- Budgetary and stock control for area of responsibility.
- CAPEX control for site projects.
- Management of the Permit to work system at RCW.
- Management of the site contractors and validation that they are competent to conduct the work required at RCW.
- Liaising among different departments e.g. Managers, suppliers
- Working with Managers and Supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and goals
- Ensuring Health and Safety as well as Environment regulations are complied with.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Rough Close Works Operations Manager or member of the Senior Management Team.
- To participate in the continuous improvements of site systems and installations.
- Operate a planned maintenance system and assist with roll out of system across other areas.
- To facilitate and implement installations, fabrication and modifications of the plant
- Fulfil role as Site Incident Controller when required.
Requirements of the Engineering Manager including Qualifications & Experience
Either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification at BEng level or above, or alternatively an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer as registered with the Engineering Council.
- Management of plant design, procurement, installation, commissioning, maintenance, defect rectification and de-commissioning of equipment within chemical facilities
- Sufficient management experience in a multi-skilled engineering position.
- Development of and / or experience in utilising planned maintenance software for asset integrity management.
- Development of and implementation of maintenance operating procedures
- Operating a Permit to Work system with tag-out / lock-out usage in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Extensive mechanical or electrical experience and knowledge gained in a hands-on role
- Effective approach to the management of projects, improvements, calibrations, contractors and sub-contractors, etc.
- To participate in an out of hours service / call out as required.
- Demonstrate understanding of statutory obligations and maintenance of records
- Design and delivery of training to reports
- With Operations Manager assistance, support the preparation of and management of maintenance budgets in line with expenditure requirements.
- Be able to provide and follow instructions, work within a team and work on own initiative.
- Knowledge and experience working with chemical processes would be an advantage in particular operating within a COMAH regulated facility.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com