Role: Draughtsman / Draughtsperson
Location: Shepshed region
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum
Type: Permanent, Monday to Friday
Overview of the Draughtsman / Draughtsperson
2fawcett are recruiting for a Draughtsman / Draughtsperson based in North Leicestershire. The ideal candidate will have previous experience using Tekla to model structures from engineering drawings. You will be a dedicated individual looking to progress their career into a new challenge.
Responsibilities of the Draughtsman
- Using Tekla to model structures from engineer’s designs and general arrangement drawings.
- Adding connections as detailed in the Engineers calculations.
- Materials scheduling for procurement, including the preparation of prelim and bolt lists.
- Generating drawings and exporting to other formats.
- Creating CNC data for production.
- Appreciation of manufacturing methods and technologies.
- Appreciation of codes and standards used in steel engineering.
- Operating efficiently to the Company’s QA/QC procedures
- Detailing both fabrication and prep drawings for the Projects and Contracts team.
- Producing Marking Plans for site erection packs.
- Working closely with the production team and design engineers to ensure design is suitable in terms of on-site buildability and fabrication.
- Working closely with the Project / Contract Managers to ensure good communication and teamwork on projects.
- Assist Project / Contract Managers with the preparation of documentation for quotes.
- Attending meetings and site, both internally and externally, as required.
Requirements of the Draughtsman
- Previous experience using Tekla and feeling full confident with the software
- Capable of using great communication skills
- Attention to detail & highly organised
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org