Role: Compliance Assistant
2Fawcett –Construction & Infrastructure are proud to offer an opportunity for an individual keen to progress their career in HSQE compliance. Our client is a specialist civil engineering company with a national and international reach and working on exciting projects in the Built Environment, Infrastructure and Renewables sector.
The purpose of this role is to work with the Audit team and assist with maintenance of compliance and ensure the quality of documentation. All necessary systems training will be given with an agreed progression route and necessary mentoring agreed and in place.
Primary Tasks and Duties:
• To update the various accreditation and membership portals (e.g. Achilles, Safe Contractor, Constructionline)
• To participate in the completion of the audit plan. Both internal and external.
• To review the calendar and ensure all facilitated audits both internal and external and returned within 7 calendar days of audit completion.
• To support the Compliance Team as required.
• To communicate with the Lead Auditor and relevant Operations staff, ensuring audit reports are documented and issued.
• To communicate updates/changes/improvements/briefings/lessons learnt in systems, internal and external information and working process to Operations and Compliance/HSQE Teams.
• To implement and communicate completed developments and improvements of process with the relevant operations personnel in all areas
• To update the BU’s systems and compliance with relevant Legislation, Standards and Company process.
• To support the Heads of HSQE and Lead Auditor to ensure the promotion of common process across all BU’s and the reduction of redundant process.
• To assist with ensuring all necessary compliance reporting is completed for the Heads of HSQE and the Senior Team.
• To provide and promote support for compliance issues from the BU’s.
• As a team, manage and communicate with reporters and satisfactorily close any ‘Documentation’
• To assist with the creation and updating of common evidence folders for audits.
• To ensure all document run out dates are monitored and documents reviewed and uploaded after quality check before the stated end date.
• Collation recording and reminders for the senior management tours.
Secondary Tasks and Duties:
• To provide the necessary KPI’s for NCR’s for all BU’s and ensure they are issued before the requirement date agreed.
• To assist with Management Reviews for all BU’s.
• Procedural reviews for all areas with a common focus ensuring all are in date, updated with the owners and changes briefed out.
• Assist the Head of HSQE and Lead Auditor with projects
• Support the other Coordinators and BU’s as required
Experience, Qualifications and Training:
• Experience in a Construction, Compliance or HSQE environment, but overall, an eagerness and desire to forge a career in HSQE/Audit
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of word, excel, outlook and powerpoint
• Excellent Communication skills
• Critical thinking, document writing, analytical
• A full UK driving licence and a willingness for occassional travel to UK wide project sites
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com