Role: CAD Engineer / Solutions Engineer
Type: Perm – Monday to Fridays
Salary: up to £26,000 per annum
Overview of the Engineer
2fawcett are recruiting for a Skilled CAD Engineer / Draughtsman to act as the Solutions Engineer for a fantastic company based in North Nottinghamshire. With over 100 years of engineering experience, you will be involved in the exciting day to day running’s of this engineering company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer who has the ability to use Solidworks and wants to be involved in some work they are passionate about. You will be working with a team of 2 other engineers and using your knowledge in a variety of ways.
There is also room to progress and you will learn a variety of other skills such as Estimating, Producing BOM’s, Understanding the clients manufacturing process and sourcing options to maximise profitability for the business. The ability to create engineering drawings using Solidworks is key for this role.
Previous roles may include:
Junior Engineer, CAD Engineer, Draughtsman, Technical Engineer, Technical Assistant, Design Engineer, Sales Engineer, Tooling engineer, Production Engineer
Responsibilities of the Engineer
- Creating Drawings for manufacture using SolidWorks
- Acting as a Draughtsman as & when required
- Review and process all Requests for Quotes (RFQ) from Customers according to agreed prioritisation, and to meet or exceed, customer expectation.
- Communicate directly with the customer and internal teams on any issues or questions regarding the RFQ’s
- Update the ERP system with BOM’s, part numbers and pricing
- Create manufacturing drawings using SolidWorks
- Review Costs with Purchasing and Production to ensure the correct cost is being used
- Work with Engineering to review customer drawings, where needed, to identify part and requirements
- Review requests from Customers to evaluate and negotiate pricing. Escalate price change decisions outside of standard frameworks.
- Undertake Contract Review requirements, as & when required to ensure adherence to Customer requests and quality standards
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Ensure we are pricing accordingly to the market, while maintaining our margin goals (maximising profit) by reviewing current cost, historical sales and market data. Play to the businesses commercial strengths to maximise return.
- Review and process all quotes within the process guidelines
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Colleagues. Ensure a high level of communication with Strategic account holders for mutual sales gain.
- Other duties as assigned
- NVQ, HNC & HND (or equivalent) in Engineering
- Ability to use Solidworks is Essential
- Confident and maintain excellent communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org