Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Are you a senior level buyer with a strong commercial awareness looking for your next challenge? 2fawcett have an exciting opportunity for a buyer to join a market leading manufacturer. The successful purchasing professional will assist to drive the purchasing function as part of the purchasing and planning team.
Role & Responsibilities of the Buyer
- Manage supplier relations and performance to ensure material requirements are met.
- Review MRP suggestions and action accordingly to maintain stock levels and satisfy projected demand of components and factored goods.
- Manage all purchase orders from conception through to delivery.
- Manage importation of goods from overseas suppliers, including FCL, LCL and airfreight shipments.
- Ensure supplier’s quality standards are met with support from the QC team.
- Schedule deliveries in line with production demand, expediting and delaying deliveries where necessary.
- Maintain supplier/item pricing within the organisations ERP system, to ensure accurate purchase values.
Requirements of the Assistant Buyer
- Experienced buyer with strong commercial awareness and proven record in sourcing new leading products
- Direct experience negotiating terms with suppliers
- Outstanding organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines
- Advanced Excel, knowledge of database sourcing and comfortable with ERP systems
What will you get in return
- Excellent Salary
- Progression & Development
- Life insurance
- On site parking
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com