Salary: Up to £22,500
2Fawcett are recruiting for a part time Bookkeeper to work for a leading client based in Dronfield. This company is the UK’s leading independent stockist of their niche product. They pride themselves on developing a strong working relationship and understanding of clients need and expectations.
This is a very important role within their organisation which involves reporting to and working closely with the Company Directors. The successful applicant would be spending approximately 60-80% of their time working as the Company’s only Bookkeeper, providing the Directors with regular financial information. Any remaining time would be spent in an Office Administrator role.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant
- Maintenance of the sales ledger, purchase ledger and cashbook.
- Assisting with month end closing down of the above ledgers including bank reconciliation and preparing monthly journals for the management accounts.
- Assisting with production of annual accounts and working schedules for the auditors.
- Overseeing the Credit control process.
- Matching of purchase invoices to goods received notes and orders for authorisation by the Directors.
- Matching delivery notes to sales orders and invoicing.
- Preparation of payments by Bankline for authorisation by the Directors.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Coordination of Shipping Schedules with our suppliers and freight forwarders to ensure the goods are received on time.
- Overseeing documentation and communication relating to Importing and Exporting of material including shipping.
- General administrative duties
- The post is ideally suited to an experienced and suitably qualified Bookkeeper who possess a minimum of three years’ experience.
- A good working knowledge of sales, purchase, nominal ledgers, as well as cashbook is essential.
- Knowledge of debt and credit control processes systems is vital.
- Experience of Importing and Exporting would be advantageous.
- Strong Excel knowledge and good understanding of other Microsoft Office products.
- Ideally proficient at using Pegasus Opera software (not essential but would be to the applicant’s advantage)
- Logistics handling / experience.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Professional and warm telephone manner.
- A person who can cope with multitasking and able to work flexibly between different departments.
- Own transport.
- It is important for any applicant to know that they will be working predominantly on their own in the Accounts Department.
- Salary: up to £22,500 PA
- Holidays: 23 days per year + statutory bank holidays
- Hours: 9.15am-2.45pm Monday to Friday with ½ hour unpaid for lunch
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com