Type: Permanent – Full Time
2Fawcett are recruiting for a Bookkeeper in the Sheffield area. This company began as a small firm and now have a large portfolio of clients that they pride themselves in servicing to a high standard.
The Role & Responsibilities of the Bookkeeper
- Bookkeeping for a variety of small and large clients – including posting purchase invoices and sales invoices and matching bank transactions to these to various software, and filing documents in a timely manner
- General client communications (phone calls and emails) requesting records and dealing with general day to day bookkeeping queries
- From bookkeeping this will lead to preparing the quarterly VAT Returns for each client – for manager review
- Maintaining own client base for quarterly VAT returns, to ensure records are requested, received, and processed in time and the filing deadlines met
- Preparing year end accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships for manager review, this will include balance sheet reconciliations, for example of bank accounts, PAYE, VAT, corporation tax, directors loan accounts etc.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns for limited company directors, sole traders, clients with rental properties or other reasons for filing a return
- Managing own workloads, prioritising deadlines and liaising with manager/director of the department
- Occasional assistance to more junior members of the team
- Additional ad hoc duties as required, might entail HMRC forms to cover bands touring in foreign countries, reconciling figures to a tour budget, or working out a manager’s commission etc. for examples.
Requirements of the Bookkeeper
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 1+ year’s experience working in an accountancy related practice role, and be AAT Level 2 or 3 +.
- Experience of accountancy software is highly preferable and confident with spreadsheets/Excel.
- The role would suit someone who is proactive and well organised.
- Standard pension
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com